Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hello

Welcome to my blog!
I know that this blog isn't very exciting quite yet, but I hope in the near future it will be. I created this blog in hopes that I can keep in contact with friends and family while serving in the Peace Corps/South Africa. Maybe I'll even make some new friends. Hmm, we'll see.

Anyway, I promise to blog as much as possible. I can't say what I have to say will always be interesting or blogworthy, but I'll write it anyway.

So...

Today is January 27, and I have exactly one week till I leave for South Africa. Can't exactly say what I'm feeling, but I know that I still have a lot of preparations to do. I continue to put anything PC related off, for no reason other than pure laziness. Ha. My life would be so much better organized if I could just stay on top of things. Ha. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mija,
    Well, I have been thinking about you and wondering where in the great blue sky you are at that moment. I think Alfie is on the same wavelength... as he looks at me with complete understanding in the evenings when we are alone at home. It is 11 p.m. and I think you may have landed. I wanted to be the first to blog. I've never done this before so be patient with me.
    First thing I have to let you know: I went for the stupid interview with HHSC and it sucked. They had me waiting for 2 hours with a room of rookies who have never worked for the agency. All gun-ho! Suckers! It all went sooo wrong and it was so disorganized... not with the group but with me who was the only returning Advisor in the classroom. They could not decide if I needed to take the typing test and TABE test. Why? I am an Advisor III? Well, by the time I walked out, I was so upset, hungry and frustrated. I went across the street and "lo and behold" - the evil feeling almost immediately left me. Maybe because I was in line to buy a Whataburger Jr. Yumm.. Anyway, I got a call from the City of Houston saying I was referred to him by Rick Gamble (my supervisor) and they want to interview me for a job. (It is a sign!!!!)
    So it is definitely "no" for the Advisor III position and "maybe" for the Supervisor position - if they ever call me for it.
    I am still waiting on the one for UH-Financial Aid. That would be good too.
    By the way, that picture to the left (you on a hammock) is so pretty. I don't recall seeing that one. I need one --- printed.
    Well, I hope you post some quick note to let us know you got there safely and are still sane.
    Love you and already miss you. Be safe.
    MUM

    ReplyDelete